Tag Archives: illegal alien

Marrying and applying for a Partner Visa in Australia? The pressure is on!

A Subclass 309 OFFSHORE Partner Visa is the one you apply for offshore, ie. for our clients generally in the Philippines. This is the visa of choice if you wish to marry overseas and to apply for a partner visa based on this marriage.

And to answer a common question, yes a marriage in the Philippines is completely legal in Australia. Under Australian Law you are seen as being legally married. You don’t need to re-marry in Australia, and you don’t even need to register the marriage at Births, Deaths and Marriages.


churchontime Continue reading


Filed under Australian Visa Applications, Partner Visas - Onshore